Friday, March 31, 2017

Skincare Series: Moisturizer

My latest obsession has to do with all things skincare! For years, I neglected a proper skincare routine and I wish I could go back in time and tell my younger self how important it is to establish a skincare routine. I have combination skin and I  always associated moisturizer with greasiness and breakouts, which couldn't be further from the truth. Lack of moisture in your skin can often make you produce extra sebum and in return cause more breakouts. Since starting a skincare routine my skin hasn't looked better and for obvious reasons... I am ACTUALLY taking care of it! Just like taking care of your physical health you have to take care of the largest organ, your skin!

Before I get to my favorite moisturizers I want to stress the one tip that I've heard for years but never really put into action until recently... DRINK LOTS OF WATER! I am telling you this is absolutely true. Our skin needs hydration and the easiest and most inexpensive way to achieve this is by drinking lots of water. t's amazing the difference you will see.  Not to mention the rest of your body reaps the rewards as well.

Below are a few of my favorite moisturizers that I can't live without.

Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream  -
This cream is amazing and the company is pretty great too! My skin feels so soft and incredible after I use this cream. It's my go-to and I can't recommend it enough. Fresh uses natural ingredients as the core of each of their products. They have a large product selection and I can't wait to dive deeper into this company and check out more of their products. Every product I have tried of theirs I have loved so I anticipate many more must haves to come from this company!

LOTUS YOUTH PRESERVE FACE CREAM



Philosophy - Renewed Hope in a Jar Day Cream -
I love this moisturizer. It's a great everyday moisturizer and the coordinating night cream is a great compliment to it. The moisturizer feels great on the skin, isn't oily and doesn't make my make up run.

Image result for renewed hope in a jar
 


Tarte - Drink of H20 - Hydrating Boost
This moisturizer is exactly like the title says, it feels like a drink of H20. It's more of a gel consistency rather than a cream but it soaks into your skin amazingly well. My skin feels more refreshed and alive after I use this cream. I reserve it for days that my skin is really feeling tired or dry and this provides the extra boost I was looking for. Love this!




Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream - 
This cream is great for those really dry days or days you know you need your moisturizer to last all day. It provides great all day hydration. The formula is a little thicker than those mentioned about which provides great coverage but can easily be over moisturized if you're not careful. A little goes a long way. Either way, its a must have in my bathroom.

Ultra Facial Cream


There you have it, my favorite products of the moment. What are your favorites? I'm always interested in trying new products and putting them to the test. Look out for more skincare posts in the future. Eye creams, masks, night creams, toners... Oh my!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I welcome all feedback, questions, comments. Please be kind.